Banana Halwa

Many a times I wanted to prepare banana halwa but the bananas usually disappear within days of purchase.So some days ago I got some extra to make sure that I had over ripe bananas for the halwa.After going through many versions in several blogs,I made this.

I used:

Over ripe bananas -2
Sugar-1 teaspoon
Ghee-1 teaspoon
Powdered cardamom-a pinch
Cashew to garnish
  1. Grease a plate with a little ghee and set aside
  2. Heat the remaining ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
  3. Mash the bananas roughly and put into the pan.Add sugar.
  4. Keep stirring till it turns brown to black.[This will take some time,be patient else you will land up with a brown color halwa like mine since I just hurried up with the process,but the taste was great.]
  5. Add the powdered cardamom.
  6. When it comes to a single mass when stirring its time to take it off the flame.
  7. Pout into the prepared plate and flatten with a ladle.
  8. Using a knife mark pieces while it is still hot.
  9. Serve garnished with cashew pieces



My dear friend Nivedita is hosting  Celebrate sweets with the theme 'Halwa' so this goes straight to her...

Bon Appetit...




Labels: , ,